Gulf Stream Coach, Inc. located in Nappanee, Indiana is the leading Family-Owned Recreational Vehicle manufacturer of Travel Trailers and Class-C motor homes. This award-winning company currently has immediate openings for experienced Plant Purchasing Agents. This is a solid opportunity with broad responsibilities.
- Purchase materials and ensures that all documents are complete and accurate.
- Coordinates with Plant Managers and Director of Materials to maintain inventory levels.
- Lead plant organization activities, such as: storage, labeling, and space utilization.
- Quick response and reporting of material shortages.
- Evaluates vendors and forwards to Director of Materials
- Works with vendors to insure a smooth flow of materials in a timely manner.
- Reviews purchased material documentation and submits to accounting
- Supervises: Head Receivers, Forklift Operators, and Material Handlers.
- Track/report/minimize waste and scrap.
- Communicate to Director of materials, plans for dealing with obsolete materials.
- Conducts inventory of materials throughout the plant.
- This position reports to the Director of Materials.
- Written and verbal interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of purchasing procedures and policies.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and internal purchasing software.
Education and Experience:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- 5 years’ experience as a Plant Purchasing Agent in the RV industry required.