Gulf Stream Coach is looking to fill a vital role in our organization. The Vice President of Operations will plan, direct, coordinate, and oversee operations activities in the organization, ensuring development and implementation of efficient operations and cost-effective systems to meet current and future needs of the organization.
- Interviews, hires, and trains management-level staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Establishes, implements, and communicates the strategic direction of the organizations operations division.
- Collaborates with other divisions and departments to carry out the organizations goals and objectives.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and use of resources and materials.
- Ensures that departmental decisions and project plans such as those for staffing, development, organization, material efficiency, hardware acquisitions, and facilities are in line with the organizations business plan and vision.
- Establishes, communicates, and implements operations-related policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent support and execution.
- Reviews and approves cost-control reports, cost estimates, and staffing requirements for projects.
- Establishes and administers the department’s budget.
- Presents periodic performance reports and metrics to the chief executive officer and other leadership.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in operations management.
- Identifies training needs and ensures proper training is developed and provided.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices in the industry.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Engineering, or other industry-related field required; MBA preferred.
- At least 10 years of industry-related experience including three years in upper management required.
Gulf Stream Coach offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a positive working environment.